What is the Quality of your Life?
One of the most important things you can do is to sit down and think deeply about how you spend your time, where you don’t spend your time and where you should be spending your time- not just at work, but also in every part of your life. The quality of your life is directly affected by how and where you spend your time.
I don’t know about you but when I read this quote, conviction came over me like a flood. I was stunned to think about the wasted moments in my life…sleeping that extra hour instead of praying, turning on the TV before bed instead of talking to a loved one, reading an inspiring book or jotting a note to someone who needs encouragement.
Pause and think with me about the moments in your days that need a “makeover.” Think about the blocks of time, which we are the authors of; times that could make a difference in eternity- meditating on a Scripture in an area where you are struggling instead of spending time giving into the struggle, journaling your thoughts, ideas and dreams instead of telling yourself they can’t or won’t happen, contacting someone that you should’ve contacted a long time ago to make amends.
I want to challenge you to seize every moment- be a good steward of all that God has given you, use your gifts for others and be consistent in all of these things. God will bless you and your family. Your family and others will be challenged by your example and emulate it.
Seize the moment ideas:
- Keep a devotion book in the bathroom
- Keep audios in your car about finances, marriage, parenting, etc.
- Always have a notebook- many people use their phones or other devices to record thoughts, ideas & lists but you can easily become distracted doing this. There is nothing like a good pen and a blank page.
- Keep your sword near. It will ensure your perspective is on point.
- Keep blank cards handy to jot notes to those God puts on your heart.
- When someone asks you to pray, do it right then. Don’t wait.
- Always have a good book at your bedside- something that you can’t wait to read.
- Speak life and encouragement to those around you, especially your family- if you are thinking something positive, say it right then.
Let’s take occasion to look at how we are spending (and not spending) our time and ask God to show us the changes we can make, for His glory. Let’s seize the moment together, friends, and see how God can “makeover” those wasted spells. Remember, anything we do for Him will be multiplied back to us. Let us take Him at His Word, together, and see what comes of it!
Article by: Brice Maddock – COO, Teen Challenge Southeast